Restoring a Sage 50 backup as a new company.
If you wish to restore an existing company backup as a new company you should complete the following.
Change your current/existing Company
Rename the existing Company. This will prevent confusion on which company is which.
- Open your existing/original Company in Sage 50 / Peachtree Accounting.
- From the Sage 50 / Peachtree top menu select Maintenance Menu, Company Information.
- Change the Company Name to a new name: Example: ** Bad Bellwether Garden Just make sure it stands out.
- Write down the Directory Name Field. (Example E:\Peachtree\2019\Company\Sample\PTXA\BCS) You can also copy this. It will be needed in an upcoming step.
- Click the OK button on the top to save your changes. You will notice that the window's title will still have your old company name. Don't worry it will change the next time you open that company.
Restore your Backup File
- From the Sage 50 / Peachtree top menu Select File, Restore. This will start the Restore Wizard.
- Select the backup file you want to restore. Click the browse button on the right. Then click Next
- Select the "Create a new company using the restored data" option.
- On the Restore Options Screen, Select Company Data, Customized Forms, and Intelligence Reporting Reports if you are using them. Click Next
- Confirmation Screen. Just verify that the backup file is correct. If not click the Back button to correct.
- Click Finish to restore your backup as a new company.
- The new company will then open in Sage 50.
Removing your Old Company (if you desire)
Using Windows File Explorer navigate to the Directory Name from Change your current/existing Company step 4 above. Example: E:\Peachtree\2019\Company\Sample\PTXA\BCS This is the location of your old Sage 50 Company data. Each Sage 50 Company is in its old folder ours here is BCS.
We want to copy the BCS folder to a new location so it does not show up when open Sage 50.
Go navigate up one folder higher example: E:\Peachtree\2019\Company\Sample\PTXA
Right-click on the BCS folder and select Cut. Navigate to the location where you would like to move the folder to and paste it there.
We recommend that you move the folder to a new location and not delete it. After a few months, you can then delete it. Just to play it safe.