Export CSV Specific Options
A Comma Separated Values CSV file is a plain text file that contains a list of data. The idea is that you can export complex data from one application to a CSV file, and then import the data in that CSV file into another application.
When exporting a document, you can define CSV-specific exporting options using the following dialog.
- Specifies the encoding used in the exported document.
- Text export mode
- Specifies whether to use the formatting of data fields in the bound data source for cells in the exported document. If this option is set to Text, all data fields are exported to the CSV file as strings with the corresponding formatting embedded into those strings. If the option is set to Value, all formatting will be lost in the resulting document.
- Text separator
- Specifies a symbol used to separate text elements (comma by default).
- Quote strings with separators
- Specifies whether strings with separators should be placed in quotation marks in the exported document.