Export PDF Specific Export Options
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a file format used to present and exchange documents reliably, independent of software, hardware, or operating system. They can also be signed electronically and are easily viewed using many different types of software.
When exporting a document, you can define PDF specific exporting options using the following dialog.
- Page range
- Specifies a range of pages which will be included in the resulting file. To separate page numbers, use commas. To set page ranges, use hyphens.
- Don't embed these fonts
- Specifies font names which should not be embedded into the resulting file to reduce the file size. To separate fonts, use semicolons.
- Convert Images to Jpeg
- Specifies whether all bitmaps contained in the document should be converted to JPEG format during export to PDF.
- Images quality
- Specifies the document's image quality level. The higher the quality, the bigger the file, and vice versa.
- Specifies whether the resulting file should be compressed.
- Specifies whether to enable document compatibility with the PDF/A-2b specification.
Password Security Options
These options allow you to adjust the security options of the resulting PDF file (e.g. enable open document, editing, printing and copying protection, and specify which changes are allowed).
If an X.509 certificate is applied to your report, you can maintain its options using the Signature Options property of the report PDF Export Options.
You can also fill the Application, Author, Keywords, Subject, and Title fields. These options specify the Document Properties of the created PDF file.
Report Script Change PDF Password
You can use a report script to change the PDF Open Password at runtime. This would be useful for Page by Page Email Report were each recipient would have a different password.
Private Sub DSStudioReport_BeforePrint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintEventArgs)