PDF417 (Portable Data File) is a stacked linear two-dimensional bar code used in a variety of applications; primarily transport, postal, identification card and inventory management. It has spawned an Open Source decoder project together with an Open Source encoder.
The PDF417 barcode is also called a symbol barcode and usually consists of 3 to 90 rows, each of which is like a small linear barcode.
The following properties are specific to the PDF417 type and available in the Property Grid under the Symbology property:
- Specifies the number of barcode columns, which allows you to control the logic width of the barcode.
- Compaction Mode
- Specifies whether textual information or a byte array should be used as the bar code's data.
- Error Correction Level
- Specifies the amount of redundancy built into the bar code's coding, to compensate for calculation errors.
- Specifies the number of barcode rows, which allows you to control the logic height of the barcode.
- Truncate Symbol
- Specifies whether the special end-symbol should be appended to the barcode.
- Y to X Ratio
- Specifies the height-to-width ratio of a logical unit's graphic representation.