Picture Box Control
You can use the Picture Box control to embed static (stored with the report definition) or dynamic (obtained from a data source) images into a report. The images can have one of the following formats: BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIF, TIFF, PNG, ICO, DIB, RLE, JPE, JFIF, EMF, WMF, SVG.
To add the Picture Box control to a report, drag the Picture Box item from the Toolbox onto the report's area.
Specify one of the following properties to set an image:
Use this property to save images along with a report definition.
Use this property to save only the path to the image.
Bind a Picture Box to Data
You can use the Picture Box to display an image dynamically obtained from a data source. Click the control's smart tag, expand the Image property's Expression drop-down list and select the data field.
You can bind the Image URL property to data in the same way.
Click the Expression option's ellipsis button to invoke the Expression Editor. This editor allows you to construct a complex binding expression with two or more data fields.
You can also drag and drop a field that contains image data from the Field List to create a new Picture Box bound to this field.
See the Bind Report Controls to Data topic for more information about how to create data-aware controls.
SVG Support Limitations
The Picture Box control does not support the following SVG content:
- Gradient colors
- Text (you can convert text to curves as a workaround)
- External .css styles
Export (except for PDF) has the following limitations:
- SVG images are converted to metafiles because document viewers may not support SVG format.
- SVG images are exported as PNG in the Microsoft Azure environment.
The Medium Trust permission level does not support SVG.
Image Size Modes
Use the Sizing property to specify an image's position in the Picture Box.
This control supports the following image size modes:
- The image is displayed at the top left corner with its original dimensions. The image is clipped if it does not fit the control's boundaries.
- Stretch Image
- The image is stretched or shrunk to fill the control's width and height.
- Auto Size
- The control's dimensions are adjusted to the image's size.
- Zoom Image
- The image is resized proportionally without clipping it to fit the control dimensions.
- The image is centered and shown full-size if the control dimensions exceed the image size. Otherwise, the image is resized to fit the control's boundaries.
- The original image is replicated within the control starting from the top left corner. The replicated image is clipped if it does not fit the control's boundaries.
You can also use the Image Alignment property in the Normal, Squeeze and Zoom Image modes to specify the alignment in relation to the control's boundaries.
You can add a possibility to load/change an image and/or draw a signature in a picture box when it is displayed in Print Preview. To do this, enable the Edit Options | Enabled property.
Click the picture box in a previewed document and an editor invokes.