Avoid Duplicated and Empty Values
When identical or null values appear in a report's data source, you can suppress these values in a report using the following properties:
- Process Duplicates Mode
- Specifies how to process report controls with identical values (leave them as is, merge, suppress, or suppress and shrink).
- Process Null Values
- Specifies how to process report controls receiving null values from a data source (leave them as is, suppress, or suppress and shrink).
- Process Duplicates Target
- Specifies whether to process duplicate the control's Text or Tag property values.
These properties are available for the following controls:
- Bar Code
- Character Comb
- Rich Text
- Table Cell
- Picture Box
Conditionally Suppress a Control
You can suppress a control when a specified logical condition is met by specifying the required Visible property expressions as described in the Conditionally Suppress Controls topic.
In this case, a space remains in the band at the control's location. You can avoid this by placing these controls onto a Panel and enabling its Can Shrink property.
For this feature to work correctly, consider the following:
- Specify the Visible property's expression to the controls in the panel (and not to the panel itself).
- Do not assign borders to the panel container. Otherwise, they are printed when the panel's content is suppressed.