How Can We Help?
At least one damaged transaction has been found in account [Account ID] in the period beginning
This error message notifies you that there are damaged transactions.
- If the beginning period is within the current 2 open years, Data Verification should fix it.
- If the period is outside of your open 2 years your data will have to be repaired using our Sage 50 Data Repair Service. This is because Sages 50 Data Verification option only works the 2 open years of data.
You will receive the error message while running a General Ledger report. The error may not appear until you select a range of periods to report.
Running Data Verification
- From the top menu select File and then Data Verification.
- Select Both Tests, and then click Start.
- Enter a New Backup File Name. Never overwrite an existing backup. Always name your backup file to something that is useful and unique. If you run Data Verification multiple times always give the backup file name a different name. Data Verification will start automatically after the backup has completed.
- After the process has finished run a General Ledger report (with a large period range) to see if you still receive the error.