Data Transition Services
Sage 50 and Peachtree Shell Company
So what is a Shell Company?
If you ever tried to rebuild a company using Export/Import and was struggling with importing Employees with payroll fields or Bill of Materials?
This is were the Shell Company comes to your rescue!
A shell company will contain all maintenance records (Customers, Vendors, Employee, Chart), sales tax, payroll fields, payroll tax file and bill of materials everything but transactions and balances.
From this point, you simply import your beginning balances and transactions. Using a shell company will save you days and hours of importing hassles.
The shell company will also contain:
- All users and roles already setup.
- All Customer and Vendors G/L Account and sales tax settings.
- Employee payroll taxes and G/L Accounts settings.
- Memorized transactions
- Fixed assets (If installed)
- All jobs, phases, and cost codes
- Unit of measure
- Quantity discounts
- All inventory pricing
- All existing budgets amounts
- Bill of materials (assemblies)
Everything will be there except G/L balances and transactions. All you need to do is set beginning balances and import transactions.