Error 54 I/O Error in variable length part of record
Sage 50 or Peachtree Accounting Error 54 I/O Error in variable length part of record in file..
The Error 54 damage is normally caused by:
- A workstation losing connection to the Company’s database. Workstation lockup or reboot while Sage 50 was open.
- Network issues that broke the connection to the open database.
- Power failed while using Sage 50 or Peachtree Accounting.
- This is not a damaged program problem it is a data file problem.
There are only two options to resolve the problem:
- Either restore a backup prior to the damage
- Have your Company files repaired by our Data Recovery Service.
If you decide to restore from a prior backup, make sure you run the Data Verification process from the File Menu once the backup is restored. You will also have to reenter any maintenance records and transactions since the timeframe of your backup.
You will need to research why the Security Privileges Error happened.
- Ask users if they encountered any problems while working in Sage 50.
- Other applications that may have caused the workstation to lock or reboot.
- Check Windows Application and Services Logs in the Control Panel for Events.
- Check your network wiring and patch cables.
- If your environment has power surges or drops, install an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) to all workstations including the File Server (if used).